Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Story of an Amazing Girl

Is your life good? (Think about it carefully)

When I was at the Ronald McDonald house I met the cutest little girl named Kylora. When I first met her I was amazed. She was so polite and mature for a six-year-old. My mom and I were in front of the elevator and Kylora and her grandma came up. The doors opened and Kylora walked in with her arms behind her back. "Can you press three please," she asked in the most polite way. I pressed three and I was just gazing at her cute little face and her grown-up posture. That's when I first met her. As we continued our stay at the Ronald McDonald House, I learned that she had (and has) FSGS disease. She got a kidney transplant and this disease attached to her new kidney. For a whole year they fighted to get the disease off and just on June 2nd she had another kidney transplant but her new kidney had to be removed. She is now on dialysis.

So, is your life good? (Did you change your answer?)

In my opinion, the most unfair thing in the world is children that have to be in the hospital for long periods of time or even their whole life. This brings me back to, there is always a worse story than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of this post and I look forward to hearing your story! :-)