Thursday, June 24, 2010

What I've been up to this week

I've had a busy week this week--well, not really but I have been doing a lot each day. On Monday my sister Green Gal and I rode our bikes to one of our favorite places...Starbucks! While we were on our way back, I was picking up speed and noticed how amazing it was to be out in the world--with cars, that made it dangerous-- and to feel like I was really part of society. I noticed how amazing it was to have legs that work and that I have the ability to ride a bike (not that I never had, but still) and be out as an individual. This was an amazing feeling. Now, I could have been mad because I was getting tired and we had a while home, but I focused on the positive. I encourage you to think like that some time, it was extraordinary. The next day, Tuesday, Green Gal, my mom, and I went over to Lucile Packard to get some of my bones checked out and a check up on my spine--can't believe my surgery was back in 2005! When we arrived it was like walking into a whole other world...a world as if "there's always a worse story than yours" was written all over it. There were children in wheel chairs and braces and all sorts of things for children that aren't able to walk. There were all sorts of things. Perspective just slapped me in the face! The appointment was at 3:45pm and we got out at about 6:15pm. (If you know the medical world, that's not surprising). After the appointment, we went to Max's Diner to have dinner with my aunt, my uncle, and my precious baby cousin, Patsy. It was very lovely to see them. :-) Then Wednesday was a stay-home day to get stuff done. Today Green Gal and I rode our bikes all over town. We went to Starbucks, Walgreens, Green Gal's best friends house, Cafe Main, then home. That's a lot of riding my bike! :)



Aside from all of that, I am currently reading Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson. I encourage every living person (that means you!) to go and read this book! It's perfect for everyone because there's something in there that everyone in the world can improve on. Such as living in the moment, having patience, relaxing, practially everything that we need to be a happy person. It's a good, easy-to-read book and it's just...great!



Hope you have a great Friday and Weekend!
-PawPrint

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of this post and I look forward to hearing your story! :-)