Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Celebration is Here!

Yesterday was an amazing day: the one year anniversary of my kidney transplant. I can't believe it's been a whole year! I am so thankful that I have a had an incredible first year; no set backs or anything. Nothing! I am so fortunate for my good health. It was one year ago from July 13th that my aunt underwent life-threatening surgery to save my life. That's amazing and I will thank her everyday for the rest of my life. Being a donor can change someone's life. If you are thinking about being a donor, I really encourage you to do so.

It was amazing...yesterday my aunt and I were swimming, and having fun in the sun. We we were not in pain, we were not suffering. The only reminder of the transplant was a positive memory, the fact that it was over and we were both healthy and happy together for a fun day.

Also, July 10th was the four year anniversary of my scoliosis spinal fusion. I also can't believe it's been a full four years!


What are you celebrating this July?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post about celebrations and anniversaries. Congratulations on your good health! Your aunt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm celebrating the same thing as you, Kels! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of this post and I look forward to hearing your story! :-)